Answered

SVC not playing radio station added to My Sonos (new Era 100)

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 13 replies

I added a local station off Tunein (107.9, K-wave) to My Sonos. If i say HS play 107.9 or play K-wave it always defaults to playing some other station from Tunein with 107.9 or K-wave. Want to set this up for the wife so she has the ability to call this up.

Also, I added a complication album from my Plex library to My Sonos and when I call it up the response ends up playing either Pandora or Apple Music.

Please help.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 31 March 2023, 23:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Some services like Tune-In and Plex are not currently supported by SVC. The current services listed as available are…

• Sonos Radio
  • Apple Music
  • Pandora
  • Amazon music
  • Deezer

You can set one of the above in the Controller App as the default service. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ken, thanks for the reply. This is a bummer. 

Ken, thanks for the reply. This is a bummer. 

Sonos have said that more services will be added further down the development read …and just to say if you add a playlist to ‘My Sonos’ from local sources (Plex/local library etc.) then SVC will play that playlist, but note it can take up to 24 hours, or so before the playlist becomes actionable by SVC. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ken, it’s almost been 24 hours since I added some Plex (last night). But so far not happening.

Ken, it’s almost been 24 hours since I added some Plex (last night). But so far not happening.

Is that saved as a Sonos playlist? It should work if that’s the case, but as mentioned it can take upto 24 hours to become registered and working with SVC. The playlists I’ve saved in the past are working here for me but I just added a mix of tracks from my local NAS library and various online services.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ken, screenshot of My Sonos. The singers is a Plex compilation album I put together. SVC won’t play if I call out ‘The Singers’ it always defaults to Apple Music and plays some such music with ‘the singers’ in it. Since I’ve been collecting for decades and digitizing music I have collections that simply don’t exist on streaming services. Would really be nice to access vis SVC. Any idea when or if ever Sonos will address Plex? Tunein? I can do some Tunein with Siri but would rather not.

It needs to be a ‘playlist’ that you save to your ‘My Sonos’ tab - what your screenshot shows is an ‘Album’ - at the moment only the Sonos playlists are available to SVC from your locally held sources.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I added my candidate album on Plex to Sonos Playlist, it’s been well beyond 24 hours and SVC still won’t play ‘The Singers’. In fact I added a total of 3 plex albums/artist an no go. I added an Apple Music playlist I created and SVC WILL play it. SVC not playing a Sonos Playlist Plex source.

This is a disappointment. I don’t plan to keep Apple Music in he long term. Preferred is my own library.

How motivated is Sonos in adding SVC to handle Plex?

@Eug7,
Maybe try going via an SMB or http shared library instead and see if that works for you when saved as a Sonos playlist. I have that working here with SVC. See below support links:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-a-nas-drive-with-sonos

Also see this thread…

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ken, My candidate album worked by using the Windows app and the below method. My next move will be to add a Plex library. What I’m hoping is then the ability to call up certain artist within the library. Don’t think it’s gonna work but gonna give it a shot.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

@Eug7,

Just reporting back here as a day or so ago, I added some tracks from Plex to a ‘My Sonos’ playlist in the Sonos App, which I simply named ‘My Plex Playlist’ and I’ve just asked SVC to play it and it is working fine here. I just said "Hey Sonos, play My Plex Playlist” and it worked straight away - it seems the key is to just leave it a day or so, until the playlist gets registered, but it’s definitely working here, so maybe give your saved playlist another try. If not maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling SVC on the speaker.

Userlevel 1
Badge

My test compilation album (The Singers) worked but adding additional compilation albums to Sonos Playlist hasn’t fully worked. I want a solution on local music to consider SVC viable.

I tired multiple playlist naming to get SVC to recognize it but with no success. I stopped at the below naming and gave up.

Playlist:

The Singers - SVC works

Cool Pics - SVC works

Susan’s Pics - SVC does not recognize or plays from Apple Music or Pandora

Absolute Pics - SVC does not recognize or plays from Apple Music or Pandora

Defender Pics - SVC does not recognize or plays from Apple Music or Pandora

The below stated on the 1.1 release doesn’t seem to be working 100%:

Sonos Playlist Support  

You can now use your voice to start streaming your Sonos playlists. Sonos playlists give you a way to save and curate your favorite tracks from any music service into one place for easy access. Sonos Voice Control can start streaming any of your Sonos playlists, regardless of which music services your saved tracks are from.

If your Sonos playlist has a similar name as another playlist available within a music service (like “80’s Hits”), Sonos Voice Control will prioritize streaming your personal playlist.

It’s a pity we cannot see a history of what SVC heard, as that might help explain a few things.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tested often each playlist and at different times throughout the last couple of days so it’s not as if it wasn’t foe a lack of proofing the SVC system.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Ken, working now. Either, it took way longer than 24 hours or I deleted SVC on the speaker, then readded and after a while all albums/compilations became available.

Thanks so much. You’re a life saver.

Hey Ken, working now. Either, it took way longer than 24 hours or I deleted SVC on the speaker, then readded and after a while all albums/compilations became available.

Thanks so much. You’re a life saver.

Ah that’s good to hear @Eug7 … it would actually be nice to know perhaps ‘when’ and ‘how often’ the SVC indexing/registration is done for the ‘My Sonos Playlists’, just to make expectations clearer, but at least it does seem to work eventually. Glad you got it working.