Answered

Surround Sound from Local Library

• 13 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Now that Era 300 means that Atmos music can be cast directly to ARC, Beam (Gen 2) and Era 300 without the need for a TV (Thank goodness)...

Will it be possible to play local surround sound music to these devices too?

I have a collection of multichannel flac files that I would love to put in the local library and cast to these devices without a tv. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 March 2023, 03:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I missed the announcement where Sonos said you could ‘cast’ music directly to the Arc. I think I understood you could stream music, but I missed the ‘cast’ part. 

Would you be so kind as to point me at this piece of data?

Until we receive more information about the software changes, I’m unsure whether that will apply to streaming local music.

Although I could have missed that announcement, too,  if it was tied to Android ‘casting’. 

Badge

I missed the announcement where Sonos said you could ‘cast’ music directly to the Arc. I think I understood you could stream music, but I missed the ‘cast’ part. 

Would you be so kind as to point me at this piece of data?

Until we receive more information about the software changes, I’m unsure whether that will apply to streaming local music.

Although I could have missed that announcement, too,  if it was tied to Android ‘casting’. 

I may have conflated casting with streaming.

What I meant was the Sonos App could tell the Sonos Device to play Atmos music without going via a TV. I wanted to know could you do this with surround music from a local library too?

To my knowledge, no one knows yet. Seems unlikely to me, but I’ve been wrong before.