Answered

Suddenly Sonos App will not acknowledge Apple Music

• 15 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Sonos App worked without problem allowing me to access and play Apple Music.  Suddenly the Sonos app will not display the content of Apple Music on any of my devices.  I’ve gone into my Apple account and all is as it should be there.  Help

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 15 January 2023, 16:49

View original

6 replies

What type of subscription to Apple Music are you using? If it’s the cheaper ‘AM Voice’ service, then that is not currently supported on 3rd party devices, like Sonos, or Amazon etc.

I have the individual subscription @ 9.99 per month and it has worked smoothly for over a year with the Sonos Fives.

Does the AM native App work okay on the controller device? Have you tried reauthorising the sharing token/service in the Sonos App ‘Settings/Services & Voice/Apple Music’?

AM works fine through my computer, I Pad and I Phone not using the Sonos App.  I deleted the Sonos app from my MacBook Pro and reinstalled.  It does not connect to AM, Amazon Music or Pandora.  The only music it allows me to access is Sonos.  The only setting is “Music Library Settings” which allows me to add a physical location for a stored music folder.  Also I’ve tried 3 times to update the Sonos App and each time the update fails.  I love the sound of my Sonos Fives, but so very many times I wish I had never purchased them because of the control app.

I think you have to use the mobile App to reauthorise your music services. The MAC/PC’s app’s are in maintenance mode only and have been for some years and have little management functionality. So try reauthorising via your iOS devices - also ensure the correct country settings are set in your Sonos online profile here:  https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/

Since I’m sitting using my computer, it would be so lovely to be able to use the Sonos app.    Deleted Sonos app on IPhone, reinstalled and reauthorized AM and Amazon.  I now have music!   Thank you, Ken!