Skip to main content
Answered

Sudden S1 non-connectivity

• 3 August 2023
  • 3 replies

After years with only the occasional lost connection, my old S1 system cannot be found by 

the S1 controller, either on my iPhone or my MacBook Air.  Literally overnight -- boom; no way to

reach any of the four series one Sonos components.  Have rebooted everything, reloaded the 

controllers -- nothing helps.

Any ideas, anyone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Since you’ve tried the reboot process, have you wired at least one Sonos device to your router? And having mentioned that, on an S1 system, you’re not using a BRIDGE by any chance? If so, retire it, and wire another Sonos device. It can be replaced, if required, by a BOOST, if you normally don’t keep a speaker close enough to be wired normally. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Could a neighbor have added a new device that is messing up your WiFi channel?

Give 1, 6 or 11 a try and see if it helps.

Spent 45 minutes with a great tech person at Sonos, who did just what Airgetlam suggesed:

ditch the ZoneBridge, which had died.  She helped me reconfigure the system so it doesn’t 

require any such component, and now runs strictly over wifi to all four zones.  Had no idea

that was even possible.  All is well now.