Question

Stuck on ”allow access to local network” in new app. Help!

Userlevel 3

Deleted the old app (ios) and installed the new one, but now it won’t get past the ”allow access to local network” message. Even though I’ve allowed access on and off several times.

So basically I can’t use the app at all. Can’t add or edit speakers, nothing. Spotify is now my main Sonos app……

Have tried to reinstalled the app and restarted the phone several times. Anyone with the same issue?

50 replies

Userlevel 1

Yes, I have this issue too.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m experiencing the same issue. I’m moving so I wanted to install my Beam Gen2 but I had to install the new app.  

I got in contact with support and they recommended to factory reset my soundbar. Why isn’t clear to me(issue was clearly in the app), and I pointed this out to them, but they said this would fix the issue. It didn’t fix the issue and now I have a non functional soundbar as well.

There are clearly some issues in this release otherwise they wouldn’t release two minor versions on the same day.

My info:

iOS 17.4.1 on a iPhone 13  with the latest version of the SONOS app(80.00.04).

Userlevel 2

Same issue - have tried resetting everything. Restarting router and ap. Tried with separate network just for Sonos, but nothing…

I just got a bricked system now 😭

I had the same isse, used my old Android phone, downloaded sonos app, worked and got system set up. but sonos app in my iPhone doesn't have access to the system. can try the same if you have a spare phone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

One of you needs to call Sonos and get some direct support from them, this sounds like an issue that needs a technician to look at the diagnostics from the devices involved and open a ticket to get it fixed. https://support.sonos.com/contact

Userlevel 3

Thanks for all the replies! At least nice to hear I’m not alone! Hope they hotfix this soon…

My wifes phone has the old app still with access. She is now the master of our music. This will cause problems.

Userlevel 1

same with me

called sonos got no help and did not get me back online

Userlevel 2

Reply from Sonos support:

I understand. Our developers are aware of this issue with local network access on iOS devices and are working on a solution as we speak. We don't have an estimated time for a fix now, but hopefully as soon as possible. We greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation at this time.

I was advised to try with an android device (phone or tablet). 

Sonos makes good hardware, it’s clear they don’t know how to make software. I’ve got three speakers that won’t play music because there’s a “connect to local network” loop that won’t end. 

Userlevel 1

Got the exact same issue after updating the app.

pathetic.

Userlevel 2

Same issue with my iPhone 14 Pro 🙁

Userlevel 1

I grabbed an older iPhone and downloaded the new app. Worked perfectly fine. Don’t know why my iphone 13 mini is having issues. 

Heading of an email i received  in the last hour - this thread has been running for over 12 hours

“The Sonos app is redesigned and better than ever “  very funny (not)

I ALSO HAVE THIS ISSUE!  Just bought a Move 2 and downloaded the new app.  It keeps sending me in circles, telling me to turn on Local Network WHEN IT’S ALREADY ON.

Glad I read this before doing a recommended factory reset...  Sounds like I would have disconnected my entire system!  I’ll be sure never to update this app before having company over.  Sheesh!

Have the same issue, iPhone14 Pro. Sat with support for an hour with zero progress. They did not even know what the new app looks like and what options (and not) there are for the user. Quite disappointing. 

Same issue here, iPhone 14 Pro Max. Was on with Support, took an hour for them to answer from hold and then 10 minutes of troubleshooting everything that I had already done, from reinstalling the app to rebooting the phone to resetting my network. Can’t get past this section even though I’m already connected to the local network. Really sucks.

I grabbed an older iPhone and downloaded the new app. Worked perfectly fine. Don’t know why my iphone 13 mini is having issues. 

I was just told on my call with their support team that it’s the 1313 and the 14 iPhones that are having problems

Userlevel 2

I am having the same issue with my new Roam I just got today, how terribly disappointing this is with my first Sonos products. I am considering returning this item if its going to be so problematic, they’re certainly not inexpensive.

Also stuck in the “local network access” loop, after downloading the new app on my iPhone XR. Also waiting on hold for 400 years for technical support.

I am also getting the recursive loop on allowing local access. Have to call in the am and get a tech. I deleted the app and now lost all control to all devices. Pain in the bum.

Userlevel 1

I think I was one of the first to discover this issue and I was on the phone to technical department for over an hour.  At the time no one else had reported this as an issue so they thought it maybe just my phone… actually relieved to see it’s not. They told up to access Sonos via the web browser which I’ve done but it’s not as easy as the app but at least I can control my speakers 

Userlevel 1

Sonos any update when this will be resolved

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same issue here! Tried to add a new Arc to my existing system. Just a very expensive paperweight. 

Userlevel 2

Does anyone know how to at least download a previous version of the Sonos app before they messed it up? It would be nice to at least be able to use my speaker while they figure it out.

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know how to at least download a previous version of the Sonos app before they messed it up? It would be nice to at least be able to use my speaker while they figure it out.

I asked that and they said I can’t … but whether there’s a way that’s ’not official’ I don’t know but I feel sure that someone will know how