streaming playlist on connect

• 20 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I am replacing a connect with a port and I have several Sonos playlists on the connect that i o works like to transfer to the port. The connect is an older generation that runs on the S1 controller. I don’t they are linked to a music folder, I think they are streaming playlists from Apple Music but not stored on the Apple Music app but the Sonos app.

Is there an easy way to transfer them? I have both still connected on the same network.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Klava33, welcome to the Sonos Community!

You can’t transfer playlists from one Sonos system to another, but what you can do is add the Sonos Port to your current system with the Sonos Connect, remove the Connect from that system, then upgrade to S2. If you’ve already set up the Port and it’s on a different system from your Connect, you’ll need to Factory Reset the Port to add it.

Since you’re using Apple Music, it may also be worth to create these playlists on Apple Music, that way you can bring them to any Sonos system you use.

I hope this information helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

My iOS app (see profile) lets you transfer Sonos playlists between devices, and lets you cross-play them from an S1 system to an S2 system on the same network.

Do not factory reset your old Connect as that is where your Sonos playlists are stored.

Thanks for the help guys.

Control av,.. where can I see or get access to the app? I checked out your profile but I don’t see a link to a site?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks for the help guys.

Control av,.. where can I see or get access to the app? I checked out your profile but I don’t see a link to a site?

I’m not allowed to post links to it. Go to the App Store and search for “phonos”.