Answered

streaming across rooms doesnt work

• 26 November 2023
  • 3 replies

have a Play 1 in my bathroom, a playbar + amp in my living room, and a pair of One’s in my kitchen.  If I start music via Alexa on the one’s in my kitchen and then go to the app to play that music on the other speakers the song will start over from the beginning and there’s no sound on the playbar. If I go through the app to start music and pair the rooms it works fine. I’ve also noticed recently if they are all grouped and playing and I ask Alexa to adjust the volume it only changes the volume in the kitchen. 

This all started a few months ago and I’ve struck out with Sonos support. Thought someone on here might have some useful advice. 

Sonos app is 15.10 
Sonos OS S2.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 27 November 2023, 04:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Non-Grouped speakers each play their own stream with no consideration of what other speakers are playing.

Can’t help with your voice control issues though.

Correct on the non grouped but when I group them through the app sometimes the music starts over instead of just continuing the song at its current place or starts the song over and then plays only in one area and not the other that was added. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The Play:1 has no voice control: are you using an Echo or other device? If so, the “stream” might get interrupted as speakers are grouped, forcing a track restart?