Answered

Stitcher account now "unable to browse music"

Userlevel 1
Badge

This problem pops up randomly a few times each year.  My Stitcher account works fine every but Sonos and almost always works fine on my Sonos system, but once again, it says “unable to browse music.”  How do I rectify this  And how do I avoid having the problem occur again?  I submitted diagnostics 1746632828.  Happy New Year to the community. :-)

icon

Best answer by jeepsterstuff 2 January 2021, 19:38

View original

15 replies

Yes, I’m seeing the same thing here. Possibly a temporary outage, but not yet showing in the Sonos status page. I am also having the issue when trying to replace/reauthorise my account through the Services & Voice section in the Sonos App (says account not found)  inferring it’s a Stitcher server issue, perhaps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The Stitcher service is having real trouble today. Sometimes it reports it is out of memory, sometimes it reports the API calls are not there (getMetadata), and sometimes it works.

Badge

I am having this same issue, totally random, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.  Sometimes it will play fine and if I pause when I return to play I get the error.  Symptoms started with the upgrade to S2, prior to that I never had issues.   So frustrating.  Also do not recommend airplay to the speaker from he stitcher app this is not stable and will not keep multiple speakers in sync.

I am having this same issue, totally random, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.  Sometimes it will play fine and if I pause when I return to play I get the error.  Symptoms started with the upgrade to S2, prior to that I never had issues.   So frustrating.  Also do not recommend airplay to the speaker from he stitcher app this is not stable and will not keep multiple speakers in sync.

I find in often works best when airplaying to just one speaker in the Airplay list and then grouping it with other ’rooms’ in the Sonos App - no sync issues when doing it that way round. 

Badge

I find in often works best when airplaying to just one speaker in the Airplay list and then grouping it with other ’rooms’ in the Sonos App - no sync issues when doing it that way round. 

Unfortunately that’s not been my experience, I can get them all to play but then each one will randomly drop out of the group, sometimes they will rejoin the group, sometimes not.  S2 has been thoroughly frustrating in my experience.  Thanks for the suggestion though .

Unfortunately that’s not been my experience, I can get them all to play but then each one will randomly drop out of the group, sometimes they will rejoin the group, sometimes not.  S2 has been thoroughly frustrating in my experience.  Thanks for the suggestion though .

Sounds like you may have some slight Network interference - you may find this video helpful:

https://youtu.be/3fQAAL5IwTE

Badge

Sounds like you may have some slight Network interference - you may find this video helpful:

https://youtu.be/3fQAAL5IwTE

Appreciate the info but bear in mind this only happens with stitcher, all other music services work fine, Spotify, pandora, amazon music, calm, etc.  only stitcher has these issues.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same with me.  All my other services work no problem.

reset stitcher password with an app upgrade today and now cant add the service back into sonos. just fails with bad account.

reset stitcher password with an app upgrade today and now cant add the service back into sonos. just fails with bad account.

Stitcher certainly wasn’t working earlier for me, but mine has just started working again. I suspect it’s some maintenance, so perhaps try again / keep trying ...and see how it goes.

Having the same problem .. unable to browse Stitcher. I checked the Stitcher app directly (outside of Sonos) and it is working fine. So, it seem that the Sonos connection to Stitcher is the issue.

I’ve checked network issues, etc. and there’s no problem there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Allan Yarish, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Looks like this is related to some updates that Stitcher are performing on their backend infrastructure. 

If you reset your Stitcher password, and then reauthorize the account within Sonos (Settings > Services > Stitcher > Reauthorize Account), are you then able to access your Stitcher music via Sonos?

Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks. That worked!

I am having this issue with only ONE sonos speaker. Unfortunately it’s in my studio where I listen to most of my stitcher podcasts. I can find my favorites on other speakers in other rooms but in my studio, stitcher favorites cannot be located and I have to browse to find them and play via search. It’s annoying at best. 

That’s a pretty good indication that that particular speaker is having trouble maintaining a good connection to your router, for any number if reasons.