Answered

Still no controller on Android lock screen

• 8 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Contributor I
  • 7 replies

I’ve tried a few times the various settings suggested in the posts/answers/FAQ here but no luck.

Like many users here, I can’t see the Sonos controls on my Android lock screen anymore. Instead I have to unlock the screen and go to the app, even for the slightest volume control.

That’s obviously a major user experience regression.

Here’s my config: Samsung Galaxy A33 running Android 14 / One UI 6.0

Can anyone help? Have I missed something or is it a real Sonos regression?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 8 January 2024, 14:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’ve tried a few times the various settings suggested in the posts/answers/FAQ here but no luck.

Like many users here, I can’t see the Sonos controls on my Android lock screen anymore. Instead I have to unlock the screen and go to the app, even for the slightest volume control.

That’s obviously a major user experience regression.

Here’s my config: Samsung Galaxy A33 running Android 14 / One UI 6.0

Can anyone help? Have I missed something or is it a real Sonos regression?

Thanks

I think you’ll find it’s a Google issue. Sonos and Sonos users suffer the restriction, which afflicts Apple owners too. The other threads do explain the reason. There is no real “workaround”. 

The only reliable way on a Samsung phone is to install Good Lock from the Galaxy store and install the add-on Lockstar. It is not very aesthetic since it does not allow you to completely resize the widget but it works.

Another way would be to go to the phone settings to activate the option to show the content of notifications. Select to show content from the Sonos app. Now go to the settings of the Sonos app and activate showing notifications and activate lock control to control through the side buttons.

You can display the notification for more information.