STILL can’t get my SONOS system to index my music library to index to NAS connect directly to NAS

• 1 May 2023
  • 4 replies

This problem seems to have fallen off the watchlist at SONOS.  I called over a year ago after I upgraded my NAS to a SSD to store my music local for my SONOS system.  The last time I called I was told “SONOS knows about the problem they are working on a fix.”   The error ‘//outta/l/music” is no longer available … blah blah.  I can mount the location using a Windows 10 and Windows 11 system as well as a MacBook Pro so that eliminates and possible connection issues.    Has ANYONE connect an external disk to TP Link Router and had success getting the SONOS app to work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have a similar issue with a QNAP NAS

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I still have the issue trying to get my S2 system to index my QNAP library. I’ll occasionally get it to work (say after 20 tries over a period of weeks) but then it will lose it again. It’s pretty pathetic that Sonos haven’t fixed this. It looks to me like they really aren’t interested in prioritising any issues related to local music access, which ironically is what they built their business on.

Unfortunately, we NAS users are likely a small minority at this point. I’m using Synology and I’m not having issues.

I found a workaround that finally indexed my NAS drive:  set the file share settings to SMB1.  After doing this, the indexing was able to complete.