Answered

steaming of services and music on my hard drive is interrupted, skipping tracks and stopping

• 26 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Thus has been happening for over two weeks, before that it was basically fine. This happens on all playlists, albums and radio stations.

I have followed previous solutions which have extended the time before interruption. Re booted the WiFi, rebooted all Sonos equipment, plugged in network cable to 1 sonos item, removed the WiFi connection from the Sonos app, checked the three channels that I can use for Sonos network to get the channel with the least traffic on.

Has there been an update on the Sonos 1 system or other that could be interfering with signal or the network. 

We have had fibre installed locally through the same underground system as the existing cable. We have not yet gone with fibre yet but have noticed disruption in our broadband. Where the signal blips out for a short-time. We have also had some high winds over the last couple of weeks.

Any ideas how resolve this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 December 2023, 14:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

When you rebooted the router, were all the Sonos devices powered down?

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

I did reboot all the units but did not submit diagnostics.

Thanks Bruce I will give them a ring.

Andrew

Sorry, your answer is unclear. Simply rebooting everything, while it can help in some situations, may not in others. If the Sonos devices were not powered off when the router was rebooted, they may have held on to potential duplicate IP addresses. 

Hopefully, the Sonos Support folks will be able to help you. 

Sorry for not being clear. I switched the rooter off and unplugged all the units, then after over a couple of minutes turned the rooter back on and reconnected one unit with network cable and plugged the units back in.

I am hoping sonos can help.

Unfortunately, Sonos Support doesn’t monitor these forums, this forum is for the community to try to help each other. Occasionally, one of the very few forum moderators will drop a note, they’re handy when they can, but that’s not the thrust of their job. This is why calling in is essential to get the assistance you need.