Answered

Spotify track on repeat still skipping - has Sonos fixed this yet?

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Just wondering if Sonos has fixed this known issue... I have multiple songs streaming through the Sonos app from Spotify. When I put them on repeat it plays the first time through and then only 18 seconds the next round before skipping and repeating from the beginning over and over. Each time only playing 18 seconds. 

I've tried all of the various suggested fixes with regards to routers and bandwidth and channels. I've removed Spotify and reinstalled. 

Really hope there's been progress here. 

Thanks

-Mario

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 September 2023, 01:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

My message to sonos today after 6 months problems and sonos admitting they haven't found a resolution...

Following discussion recently with your tech team it seams sonos are unable to provide a speaker that can play unpaid spotifie songs. Therefore as the product is now proved as sold not fit for purpose I will be contact trading standard and therefore advise you to remove me from your advert mailing list.. I am stunned a so called professional company have not found a solution after consumers complaints for more than 6 months.. this email will be shared on social media to warn new buyers sonos don't care about loyal customers nor can sort out a simple problem cheaper speakers have overcome..regards

In the recent past the Sonos Staff in the community here have stated the following…

<—-begin—>

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’ve had getting your Spotify account to work with your Sonos system.

If you have another phone or tablet you can use instead, please do so. Otherwise, please reboot everything - your router, your speakers and your phone/tablet, in that order. 

If that doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have test accounts that they can test on your system - if they work, that would indicate that there’s an issue with your Spotify account (assuming this wasn’t tried the last time you contacted us). If they don’t work, the team should be able to discover why.

I hope this helps.

<—end—>

So maybe give the mentioned suggestions a try and if no joy then contact Sonos technical support and see if one of the Spotify ‘test accounts’ they have may work for you etc.

Hope you get the issue resolved… 👍

I also have the same problem.
And recently Sonos has removed the ability to play your favourite songs downloaded to your phone. Why? They are legit downloads.

That particular issue has been discussed, over and over, in a multitude of threads. I’d encourage you to start here: