Answered

Spotify to Sonos, using samsung phone.

• 8 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a question regarding Spotify and Sonos. I have connected to Spotify but can't Spotify to play through a room on Sonos, what am I doing wrong.

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 8 April 2024, 14:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @tesser, welcome back!

I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble using Spotify Connect with your Sonos system.

I just want to make sure, you are capable of playing music on Spotify from within the Sonos App, correct?

General guidelines suggest a simple reboot on your Sonos speaker and your controller (smartphone/tablet) usually fixes this issue.

Have a look on the following Spotify Connect support article, and more specifically the below:

Connect not working?

• Restart the Spotify app.
  • Restart your speaker, Smart display, etc.
  • Restart the device running the Spotify app.
  • Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date.
  • Make sure all devices’ software is up-to-date.
  • Try connecting devices to the same WiFi.
  • Restart your WiFi or try a different WiFi network.

I hope this helps.

Thanks 

IT is work after reboot router, bot i is not work when i use Room 'stue' or 'soveværelse' only with room 'Group room' so there play on 'stue' and 'soveværelse' on same time, i need to play on 'stue' or 'soveværelse'.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @tesser, thanks for the quick response.

I am glad you’ve got Spotify Direct working again.

From what I understand, you still have your  'stue' and 'soveværelse' rooms grouped within the Sonos App. If you want to play music to each speaker/room individually, you would need to un-group them in the Sonos App.

Have a look on our Support Article Group and ungroup rooms on how to do so.

I have given up using Spotify/Sonos. Living room only has Playbar Bedroom has speakers. Group room is only under Bedroom. can press groups if there are more than 3 rooms. Deleted Spotify, didn't pay for Spotify and it looks like I have to reboot the router again, I don't mind every time, sorry for the inconvenience.