Answered

Spotify stops for ads

• 23 June 2023
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Same issue for me. But this has obviously been going on for 6months now this. This makes my speaker essentially useless. Better off playing it through the other number of devices I have in my house (Tv/phone/laptop). 

Can we get an update on the fix please from a Sonos rep?

Alternatively, I assume this fault is covered under the 1years manufacturers warranty? Can you provide details of how I can return my speaker. Or do I just return to point of purchase?

I am now quite happy I just tested out one speaker now rather than going with the purchase of a full house kit over 2.5k. 

Additionally, do any other users have other brand suggestions/solutions that can handle multiroom audio successfully?

Userlevel 1

Same issue and still no fix. Sonos one speaker turns off when all adverts play and cannot hear advert or music. 

Alarms also no longer work with Spotify.

Been going on for over 18 months.

Sounds like you have two disparate issues going on, one most likely caused by Spotify’s servers (Sonos has no idea when an advertisement is playing), and a local network issue (causing your speakers not to connect to Spotify’s servers at the moment the alarm is trying to connect).

What did Sonos support say about each, when you called them with your diagnostic taken with 10 minutes of these issues occurring? 

Same issue and still no fix. Sonos one speaker turns off when all adverts play and cannot hear advert or music. 

Alarms also no longer work with Spotify.

Been going on for over 18 months.

Same here

Userlevel 1
Badge

Still happening… like caught in a dystopian nightmare. I’m 58 and increasingly believe that no one really gives a toss about the user real experience Just the one that the firm sells. Really cannot wait for AI to just write code to just work. Beyond frustration a lot of the time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could, for the time being, subscribe to Spotify. No ads, so no stops.

I have the same issue since last summer.  Sonos sub turns off when any Spotify ads play.  Did the clean reinstall and all is updated.  Probably a Spotify issue???

Still happening… like caught in a dystopian nightmare. I’m 58 and increasingly believe that no one really gives a toss about the user real experience Just the one that the firm sells. Really cannot wait for AI to just write code to just work. Beyond frustration a lot of the time. 

I am having the same issue when playing Spotify on a Firestick. Could this be a Spotify issue? If that is there way to force me to upgrade Spotify I will move to a different platform….