Answered

Spotify re-authorisation daily ?

• 5 March 2023
  • 1 reply

A song I’ve played for years now all of a sudden says access denied although if played through Spotify on sonos system then plays fine ? I also have to re-authorise Spotify and other devices ( maybe not daily !) but at least twice a week ? Help please 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 March 2023, 12:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Snaggletooth 

Thanks for your post!

Music services do occasionally remove tracks from availability - usually due to licensing concerns. It’s possible that this is what’s happening, but I wouldn’t expect you to then be able to play the same track in the Spotify app. Spotify does maintain separate servers for third-party access (such as Sonos) though, so it could be the servers aren’t at parity.

However, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. You certainly shouldn’t need to reauthorise Spotify regularly at all.

I hope this helps.