Answered

Spotify random order

• 11 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Sonos are playing my playlist in wrong order. Sometimes it begins from top of the lists over and over again.

I have no randomizer and I dont want it to be played randomly. I have checked as much as i can but no success.

What to do??

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 January 2023, 10:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rosenholm 

Thanks for your post!

On mobile devices, navigate to the Now Playing screen and tap the Queue icon to view the queue and show the Shuffle icon - please ensure it is disabled. On a Mac or PC, the Shuffle icon is located at the top of the screen in the Now Playing controls.

Queue button

It’s possible that your Sonos system is attempting to play all your playlist, but for some reason fails with some tracks - this would sound like shuffle, especially if repeat was on. If Shuffle mode is not active, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Sonos will not attempt to resume a playlist’s playing position from the last time it was played (when you tap on a playlist in the app). It will, however, remember the position in it’s own queue - if you want to resume a playlist, tap Play in the app or on the speaker - or use a “Play” voice command - and the queue will be resumed. When you tap on a playlist in the app, however, the queue is erased, the playlist is copied to the queue and started from the beginning.

You do have the option to play on your Sonos system via the Spotify app - this might produce the playlist behaviour you are more used to. 

I hope this helps.

Badge

Thanks.
I will contact the support.

Badge

No success with the support.

Any other hints?

Badge +2

Same error here in Spotify.