Answered

Spotify playlist won't play on sonos (but some will!)

• 10 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Some of my Spotify playlists have stopped playing on Sonos.  They play on Sonos if you airplay from Spotify, but if you try and use the Sonos app to control them or if you launch from Sonos app they don’t work.  But not all of them...it's inconsistent.  The longest one is 2000 songs, but even some of the under 20 songs ones don't work.  

It started happening 2 weeks ago and I can’t fix it, despite reinstalling the app, checking everything is updated, switching off at the mains, rebooting the wifi router etc.  The main playlist I’m trying to play is a copy of my liked songs so it would be quite nice to be able to …. like I always did.  Any help much appreciated, sorry if this has been posted elsewhere… couldn't spot it.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 July 2023, 06:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’ve not seen anything about it, have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I’ll give it a try, I’ve tried and failed to get through on the chat function due to waiting times, I’ll try phoning 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It is highly unlikely that a playlist of 2000 items will load on Sonos (the recommended limit is 500) but no idea why a 20 item one would fail.