Answered

Spotify playlist I created can't be played on Sonos " grey" highlighted "

• 14 April 2024
  • 3 replies

For some reason suddenly some of my Spotify playlists I created are highlighted grey and cannot be played on Sonos ?

The playlists are OK on the Spotify app and they play  fine !

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 April 2024, 10:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you mark one as Public and PM me the name, I’ll try and debug it for you. Usually this happens when Spotify tag something as non-playable, and loss of playback rights is the usual reason. However as it is still playable on Spotify directly this could be something else.

Let’s see if I can explain it properly :

On Spotify I have my own playlists and they are downloaded as well to the Spotify internal folder.

On Sonos when i go to Spotify Playlists all of them will show up .

Now suddenly when I go to Sonos /Spotify/Playlists a lot of them are highlighted GREY and cannot be played, other playlists still show up and can be played as usual.

What I have to do is :

Go to the Spotify APP pick the playlist I want , then go to “ current device “ and all my Sonos speaker group ( system ) is there then it will play .

Then I go to the Sonos APP and the playlist shows there under Spotify playlists , so I close the Spotify APP and use the Sonos APP so I can change the volume and tailor the sound to my liking.

Still another interesting note, is that that specific playlist that showed up highligted grey on Sonos/Spotify/Playlist is back on the Sonos APP 

I am a bit confuse as what is going on ?????????

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Pabs58 

Thanks for your post!

Please try removing your Spotify account from your Sonos system, then add it back again:

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

If that does not resolve the issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.