Answered

Spotify personal Artists/Songs/Playlists

• 11 January 2023
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hello - 

My issue is Spotify, through the Sonos app, will NOT recognize any of my personal library content. I have multiple playlists created in Spotify app on my laptop...but when I open Spotify in Sonos, you can see my library/playlists/songs/artists, but everything is shaded out and will not play when clicked on. I have experimented by creating playlists in the other apps in Sonos such as YouTube Music (plays fine/sees all my songs), even created a few Sonos Play lists (it sees my songs also and they play perfectly). I am pretty knowledgeable with these issues, I have gone through the Spotify settings over & over and even re-authorized Spotify several times - nothing works. When I use Spotify app on my laptop with Roam in Bluetooth mode - where I have created my playlists from my library -  NOT THROUGH SONOS APP - it operates perfect. I’m running the “premium” version of Spotify. 

I can’t understand why when Sonos offers the Spotify app in its app menu it won’t recognize my library, but Sonos used independently does...help please!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 January 2023, 12:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KET 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Personally, I’m not overly familiar with Spotify, but I believe you can use their app to play files stored locally on your phone/tablet/computer, and that this is what you are referring to. These tracks are not uploaded to Spotify, therefore Sonos has no access to them via the Sonos app’s Spotify container.

Instead, you can do the following:

• On MacOS/Windows, you can add the music folder’s path to Sonos’ Music Library for indexing. Follow the steps on our Add your music library to Sonos help page. Play from Music Library in the Sonos app’s Browse tab. The computer must be on for Sonos to play.

• On Android, use the On This Mobile Device source in the Sonos app’s Browse tab to access locally stored files (Sonos reads the Android music library).

• On iOS, use any app to play the music, but AirPlay it to a compatible Sonos speaker.

Or, use Bluetooth with a Move or Roam from any device.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the help! I'll dive into the situation tomorrow. One more question, perhaps you know the answer, why is it in Sono's  "on this mobile device" category, the artists are not listed alphabetically yet the songs are? Would really be great if they could alphabetize the artist list also. Any explanation that you've come across?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KET 

You are very welcome!

One more question, perhaps you know the answer, why is it in Sono's  "on this mobile device" category, the artists are not listed alphabetically yet the songs are?

According to the documentation I found, this issue is known to happen with Android 11. We are currently aware and investigating this issue. We do not have any timeline nor additional details to share at this time.