Skip to main content
Answered

Spotify outage 29 June 2023

• 29 June 2023
  • 8 replies

My Sonos apps (Mac OS, iOS) stopped connecting to Spotify sometime this afternoon (CET). Is this a systemwide outage? I can play Spotify directly from my computer and devices, the problem seems to be in the connection between Sonos and the Spotify service.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

(500) Sorry we are unable to set up your Spotify account at this time

And yet there’s a green tick on the service status page like nothing is wrong

Same here in the UK trying to play from a previously working Spotify service

Userlevel 7

Sonos is aware of the problem:

“We've identified a problem with Spotify on Sonos and are working with them on a fix. You may not be able to browse Spotify menus in the Sonos app or add the service until it’s resolved.”

https://status.sonos.com/incidents/1qmdqz5pv15f

Cool, I see it on the status outage list now. Thanks!

My Sonos apps (Mac OS, iOS) stopped connecting to Spotify sometime this afternoon (CET). Is this a systemwide outage? I can play Spotify directly from my computer and devices, the problem seems to be in the connection between Sonos and the Spotify service.

We’re having the same issue. Spotify directly is working but Sonos refuses to play. Sonos is totally getting worse.. what’s happening !!??

We’re having the same issue. Spotify directly is working but Sonos refuses to play. Sonos is totally getting worse.. what’s happening !!??

It should be fixed - the status page has been updated. If your still having issues, then perhaps contact Sonos Support via this link…

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

What is going on with sonos and Spotify playback.. other services stream seamlessly. If only #YouTubemusic can increase functionality on Sonos. Can't they all just play well together. *sad face*

In order to provide better integration with the SONOS system, Spotify provides separate sets of servers for SONOS and Spotify Apps. If there is an issue with this second set of servers, SONOS clients will be disrupted while Spotify Apps will play normally.

You may prefer to use the Spotify App and send music to SONOS via AirPlay.

Personally, I have not experienced issues with Spotify while using the SONOS controller. Note that there is a potential Spotify bug if you enable crossfade in the SONOS controller. I don’t use crossfade.