Answered

Spotify not stops after 2 seconds

• 10 February 2023
  • 10 replies

Since the most recent update our Spotify isn’t working -- it stops playing after about 2 seconds. Sometimes it says wifi unstable, but other sources stream fine.

We’ve had this problem in the past, but it had been solid since the update.

I’m using Sonos Play speakers on wifi with a Sonos Connect.

Have tried rebooting, re-installing etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 10 February 2023, 16:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

As an update normally reboots your Sonos devices, any problems after an update are often caused by duplicate IP Addresses.  Please see my post: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Thank you

Badge

Seeing same issue. Restarting speakers doesn't resolve. They have fresh ips. I think we have a Sonos and Spotify network issue. 

Unfortunately, I’m in the same position. Each has a unique IP, the system is on a dedicated wifi, etc. We had this problem early on with our system, but for a long time it was rock solid. I think something happened with the last update. Hope they fix it!

Let me know if you have any luck. Thanks

Then if those suggestions don’t work,  I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. There would be, I’d think, definite data as to where the interruption comes, although I don’t think Sonos can see data from Spotify’s servers that furnish the Sonos feed. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Okay, so Spotify seems to be working again today. I haven’t done anything, so I’m not sure what has changed. Let’s hope it stays up!

Since Sonos didn’t push any updates, that suggests either a local network issue, or something else between your speakers and the Spotify server, or even Spotify’s servers themselves. 

@flowwithme Any change on your end? Curious if it’s a local issue on my end or a Spotify issue.

Badge

System is working now. I believe it was a Sonos/Spotify network issue, although it wasn’t officially recognized by Sonos.

Yeah, I wish they would publicize these issues. Anyway, glad yours is working.