Question

Spotify not connecting to speakers

• 15 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi.

Yesterday I’ve updated all my sonos speakers and app because of a problem with my home theatre (playbase not connecting to wi-fi).  I’ve opened a topic on the issue but is still not solved.

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/playbase-wifi-not-working-6850842

However, today I’ve realised my other play:1 speakers (not the home theatre), are not communicating with spotify. I’ve tried playing other services directly from  the sonos app such as radio and seems to be working as expected.

To fix the issue i’ve tried:

• power cycle router
  • power cycle speakers
  • Reauthorise spotify account
  • Remove account, close apps, and then re-add
  • plug an ethernet cable directly into router

Nothing works and i don’t know what else to do… All my sonos speakers are having issues right now…

Any suggestions..?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Luis Honrado, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos Community and for submitting the diagnostic report. I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the steps that you did. I do understand how you feel right now, let me help and try to figure this out. Based on the diagnostic, all your Sonos devices are online and your Playbase is wired to your router. I don’t see any issues in your Sonos system that might be causing the issue.

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you

1. Change wireless channel on the Sonos app - Settings > System > Network > Networks > SonosNet Channel > Set it to 11
  2. If you have access to your router settings, below are the settings that need to be verified. You can contact your Interner Service Provider or router manufacturer for assistance.
    • The auto channel must be set to Off
    • Choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)
    • Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz
    • Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled
    • UPnP should be enabled
    • 802.11 bands should be set to b/g/n
    • Airtime Fairness should be disabled (if applicable)
  3. On Spotify
    • Check if there’s an update with the Spotify app on App Store.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app from your mobile devices.
    • Turn off and on your iOS device

If you’re still having the same issue, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device and perform some tests on Spotify to isolate the issue. If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.