Playbase wifi not working

• 14 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Badge

I have a playbase and two play:1 for surround. Soundbase stopped working yesterday. To fix it I’ve tried:

• Restart devices

• restart router

• update the app

• update speakers

• hard reset speakers and re-add to system

• playbase giving me issues with the wi-fi config (connection error/unplug power cord/not connecting to mobile, etc)

• ethernet cable on playbase to finish config. Worked fine

• re-configure surround group

• plug the Ethernet cable off and playbase disappears. No solution.

So basically the playbase has stopped working via Wi-Fi and I can’t do anything else to fix it.

nothing has changed in my setup that could cause this issues. Rebooted my router many times. Spend multiple hours trying different things and still no solution.

any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Badge

Diagnostics number: 1548728872

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Luis Honrado, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, the Sonos Playbase shows that it is offline. But can’t see a Wifi card error on the diagnostic information. Since you’ve tried all necessary troubleshooting steps and it is still not working. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They will be checking further if this is a Wifi chip/ card issue and provide further options if proven defective.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi,

I have the same problem an I’ve tried the same solution but did not work

i think the issue come whit lat system sw update 

my diagnostic 609126150

I can’t see playbase in my sonos app when I try to set sorround. Playbase work only whit cable.

nothing I’ve changed in router 

help please

marco

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MarAnd, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community and also for submitting a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Playbase. Upon checking the diagnostic report that you’ve submitted. There is an issue with the Wifi chip of your Sonos Playbase, and I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and replacement options for your Sonos Playbase. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Same exact issue.  No longer shows up on system.  Factory reset everything, reinstalled app.  I can get it to show up of I bring into room with router and set up while connects.  Will not set up or recognize over WiFi.  Happened out of nowhere. Very frustrating.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @TomCamp, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Playbase, so that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate and check if there is an issue with the WiFi chip of your Playbase. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

@Simon B thank you.  Diagnostic: 741631624

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @TomCamp, thanks for the quick response and for sending a diagnostic report, upon checking it clearly shows that there is a PA Rail Wifi chip issue on your Sonos Playbase, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and to give additional options for a replacement for your Sonos Playbase. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thank you @Simon B !

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @TomCamp, thanks for the update. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.