Spotify never working well for various reasons

• 29 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I'm sorry to bother community but there is no way to get direct feedback from Sonos on a given issue.

I'm using Spotify and it never works on Sonos system more than few hours (or days when I'm lucky).

I have 1 beam + surround play:1, 1 Play:3, 2 Play:1. My router is an Asus rt-ac68u with PPPOE connection from ISP (down 300M, up 50M). All Sonos products have been set with fixed IP on the Asus. Asus WiFi channel is 3 while I've tried all channels on Sonos (1,6,11. Currently it's 6). The Beam is wired with a brand new Cat7 cable. On the Asus I can connect to Spotify through my OnePlus (WiFi) or my Windows 10 (wired, cat7 cable) without any lag or issue.

Every time I want to use Spotify I have either “Spotify lost connection" or “cannot connect to Spotify" or “buffer is insufficient", in short it's never working smoothly . I already tried most of the given solutions given, I can't believe that it is not working while my connection is very good and my network clean.

Please help me. Diagnostic1311873851

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Asus WiFi channel is 3 while I've tried all channels on Sonos (1,6,11. Currently it's 6).

Therein could be your problem. Channel 3 overlaps badly with channel 6, injecting interference into both. Only use ch 1, 6 or 11 -- with a 20MHz channel width. These are the (nominally) non-overlapping channel choices in the 2.4GHz band.

Badge

Asus WiFi channel is 3 while I've tried all channels on Sonos (1,6,11. Currently it's 6).

Therein could be your problem. Channel 3 overlaps badly with channel 6, injecting interference into both. Only use ch 1, 6 or 11 -- with a 20MHz channel width. These are the (nominally) non-overlapping channel choices in the 2.4GHz band.

Thank you for the advice Ratty. That didn't change the situation at all, only one song ok and then issues again.