Skip to main content
Answered

Spotify names for different accounts not showing in music browse screen

Ive added my Spotify account and my Wife’s Spotify account, and the identifying names are showing in the Services & Voice screen to differentiate between them.

However in the Browse screen it just shows the name ‘Spotify’ twice so its hard to know which account you are browsing from.

Is there any way to show the nominated account names in the browse screen?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @krokun 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend a read of our Use multiple accounts for the same music service help page - it explains it there, along with providing a couple of screenshots.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Corry P 

That didn't work for me unfortunately.

I've attached screenshots of what I am seeing in the android app.

There's nothing showing the nominated name outside of the settings screen

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That is quite different to the iOS app. On there the main Browse list shows one entry for Spotify, with a subtitle of the nickname. Once tapped on, the Spotify page has a popup menu showing all Spotify accounts.

Looks like an Android-specific issue.

I previously had Deezer connected with different accounts and those different names showed up. Unfortunately I don't have any screen shots of that setup

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @krokun 

Understood. Thank you for the screenshots - I’ve flagged this with an engineer for investigation.

In direct answer to your initial question, there isn’t a way to do this as it should be happening already. Thanks for flagging!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @krokun 

My colleague (I only have one Spotify account, so need someone else to test for me) was unable to reproduce what you see - he only sees one Spotify entry in the Browse screen, and can select which account to use in the next screen, as shown:

I would ask, therefore, that you ensure that both your Sonos system and your Sonos app are fully up to date (do Settings » System » System Updates » Check for updates once, and if it does need to update, repeat this step after the update is complete)

Next, if things are still the same, please try removing both accounts from Sonos and adding them again:

Remove a music service account from Sonos
Add a music service to Sonos

If that still does not help, please submit a support diagnostic and reply here with the number given. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

Thanks @Corry P  I will try that.

Are you testing the above on Android or iPhone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It was Android, @krokun 

We’re not new to this troubleshooting malarkey. 😁

Thanks @Corry P , after removing the accounts I was only able to add one from my phone, had to add my Wife's from her phone.

It's all resolved and acting as expected now. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @krokun 

Fantastic! Thanks for updating the thread, and happy listening!