Question

spotify keeps pausing - play 1

• 19 July 2020
  • 3 replies

So my issue that i have tried to resolve but i am getting to the point of just scrapping this play 1.

When playing from spotify its comes up saying the account is being used elsewhere and pauses the music, we know for a fact that it is not being played elsewhere and this only happens when the play 1 is being used.

My setup is

2x beams

2x ikea lamps

2x ikea bookshelf

Playbar

Sub

Play 1

I can play music on any device except for the play 1, i can group any together without issue however if i play on the play 1 or add the play 1 to a group playing with any other speaker then the nusic starts pausing, its driving me mad

My playbar is connected to my router so i am opperating on sonosnet and the play 1 does this no matter where it is located which leads me to belive its not signal related.

Any advice on what to try? Can i hard reset the play 1 and hope its just a glitch?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Rodg98133, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I would like to take a closer look, could you please take a diagnostic on the system.

Here’s how: Settings > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic in the Sonos mobile app.

Post the diagnostic confirmation here and I’ll take a closer look.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Thankyou, diagnostic 2045665975 it was earlier this morning it kept happening though, is that ok? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Rodg98133, Thank you for the update.

Yes, it’s fine. 

I checked the diagnostics, the Play:1 is missing from the datasheet.

I would like to know the LED light the Play:1 is showing.

If it’s steady white, let’s test the Play:1 if it’s still responding properly.

Press the Play/Pause button and check the LED light.

If it’s flashing amber light, the Play:1 is responding properly.

Connect the Play:1 to the router with an Ethernet cable and take a diagnostic.

Update us with your findings.