Not using Spotify but still see internet calls every minute out to Spotify   

icon

Best answer by rmhachtel 6 May 2024, 18:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @rmhachtel, welcome back!

We are missing some information here in order to provide any help.

First let me ask, do you have Spotify added as a music service in your Sonos System? If you do, then it may periodically connect. Not sure about every minute though.

If you’ve got the Spotify App installed as well, that might communicate to the Sonos speakers to reach out to Spotify.

You can Submit Diagnostics and reach out to our Support Team, as they have tools at their disposal to provide you with information about your Sonos System and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I no longer have Spotify as a music service.  Removed it a few days ago.  I did restart of my Sonos soundbar and base but didn’t on two satellite speakers.  I don’t have Spotify app installed on any of my devices.  My router software allows me to by device see what internet traffic it is generating.  Literally every minute I see call to ap-guc3.spotify.com

I need to apologize for the confusion.  I had included accidentally an echo device in the profile I was monitoring for internet traffic.  It was the source of the calls.  Thanks for your help.