Question

Spotify - "Hide Song" not working

• 30 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’ve long been driven mad by the fact that the “Hide Song” flag in Spotify doesn’t seem to work - the hidden song will still recur endlessly in my Daily Mixes playlists.

I discovered today that this only happens when I’m listening to Spotify through SONOS.  If I listen just on my phone, the hidden song is duly skipped.  So this is obviously a SONOS issue, or a least a Spotify/SONOS integration issue.

Has anybody else had this issue?  Is there a cure/workaround?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @DunkirkPie.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Regarding some features of music services, Sonos doesn't have any control over such feature/s Sonos applications are just doing what the music service is telling the application.

I suggest contacting Spotify would be the first step in solving the problem.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks.

For anyone with the same issue and happening upon this thread, I contacted Spotify and they say that this feature (hiding songs from playlists) “isn’t available yet” on Spotify Connect (which is how Spotify connects to Sonos).  My response was that, if I’ve hidden a song from a playlist, it shouldn’t matter whether I’m playing Spotify through my phone or through a Sonos system via Spotify Connect.  The song shouldn’t be played. In my view, this isn’t a case of “this feature isn’t available yet”, it’s a case of “this feature doesn’t work properly”.

Anway I was advised that there is no workaround so I have cancelled my Spotify premium package until this really quite basic functionality works properly.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @DunkirkPie.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community and sharing the information you've gathered so far with Spotify premium.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.