Spotify goes out

• 6 January 2024
  • 7 replies

I’ve gotten zero help, I have to unplug my Playbar almost weekly or Spotify cuts in and out. It’s extremely annoying and unplugging my Playbar is difficult as it’s mounted over my fireplace. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sadie bear 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I have, several times. Unfortunately they said it’s a memory issue and there isn’t a solution. Well that’s a waste of $1000. Upsetting and frustrating. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sadie bear 

I understand your frustration.

It appears that the issue was identified when you called in, and the response was that there wasn’t currently a solution, but that we are investigating these occurrences. As mentioned to you, the only recourse at present is to reboot the Playbar - if you can find a way to make this process easier while we investigate, I recommend you do so (perhaps an extension cord will make the plug more accessible?).

I hope this helps.

Well, it’s mounted over my fireplace so that’s not possible. Bottom line, there’s a problem with no solution. You were happy to take my money. An ethical solution would be a refund. I’d gladly give the products back. How would you like to be out a $1000 for something that doesn’t work like it was advertised? I’m going to try the BBB and my States Attorney General next. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Someone remind me how many years it has been since the Playbar was sold?

Sadie bear if you decide to look for solutions outside of legal actions post back and you might get some good suggestions.

According to Wikipedia, June 8, 2020 was the end of manufacturing/sales. But third party vendors wouldn’t be bound by that, it could easily be sold as new after that date.

Switching OFF the circuit breaker or inserting a smart power switch, such as WEMO, might be a practical workaround.