Answered

Spotify artist search not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Artist search not working on Mac desktop S2 app (v15.6).   Started about a month ago.   Artist search does work on iPhone app.

Given this is primary functionality not sure at all why @Sonos is not pushing a fix to the front of the backlog.   When I chatted with tech support they told me “this is a known issue and we are working on it”.   

What's the deal @Sonos?    Your Mac desktop S2 controller is not working under a primary use case.  Pls provide some answers.    thanks,   

Been 2-3 weeks now, terrible service and support, Sonos is sinking.

Same problem with S1 controllers on Android and Windows  Reinstalling Android S1 controller app made no difference.

Userlevel 1

Same problem here. Finland.

Luckily the Spotify app works and connects directly to speakers. Better search options and better app overall. If third party apps work better than OEM… fill in the rest.

The Sonos app has even some weird search options in Japanese(?) at the far end the search bar.

I bought my first Sonos product about 15 years ago and the software has always had issues every now and then. Also updates and fixes are sloooow.

Maybe they decide to roll out new versions again so we have to upgrade all hardware to support ”Better than ever before: Sonos S3”… that will be the end of my long and expensive sandbox games together with Sonos.

Userlevel 1

This problem continues. Why stay with Sonos when you can now get very good speakers that connect directly to Spotify and you can search for artists. Come on Sonos sort this issue before you start losing customers 

I had this same problem (can’t search artists via spotify) a month or so ago which is when a lot of these issues were being reported. Our problem resolved itself a couple weeks ago, but now we’re having it again across all devices. Followed all recommended fixes to no avail. Sonos, what’s going on? (S1 / OS / iOS)

Reply below…

Adding my reply to this thread in the hopes it elevates the issue with Sonos and leads to a resolution. If the issue is on Spotify’s side, then Sonos has a responsibility to their customers to work jointly with Spotify to resolve as soon as possible. Sonos, please provide some feedback to us so we know you’re listening. Thank you.

Same as everyone else, sonos search is not linking artists on spotify … I didn’t read every single comment above, but I’ll note (maybe repeat) another problem with searches on SONOS:

While SOME spotify findings appear in album and song search, the results are abbreviated. Obviously SONOS knows this, as they recently (sometime in the last few months) added a “More >” option to the app, which means SONOS chose to slim down the search song and album results to a few findings.

Whatever the intent of the change to the SONOS app, the result is that the SONOS app now obstructs customers from using Spotify in a customary manner.

Looks like a conscious decision to me.

I wonder if there is a class action attorney on this thread?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same boat here.  Upgraded to 15.7 Build 74043312 on my Windows PC this morning and now I am unable to search Spotify artists via PC.  I can search albums and songs just fine. 

Artist search is working on the Android app so this seems unique to the desktop version.

I have been having the same issue for  the last month or so.  I think there is a broader problem with the Spotify interface:  I can do an artist search in the (Android) Spotify app, and play selections on Spotify zones.  However, I can’t manage the queue from either Spotify or Sonos apps.  If I establish a playlist, for example, by selecting an album in the Spotify app, and start playing it in a Sonos zone, then part way through the album, decide I want to listen to something else, then select another album, Spotify/Sonos will only play the first cut, then revert to the previous play list.  I don’t see any way to clear the queue in either app, so I can go to something else.  Furthermore, in a multi-zone system, I have to go into the Sonos app to setup a zone group before I can connect to the zone group from the Spotify app.  What a kluge!  Just fix the thing!

Upgraded to S2, v15.7 Build 74043312 on my Mac laptop.   Artist search not working.    Search for Albums, Songs, Playlist all work.

@Sonos Product Manager for Search (I am guessing you are reading this thread)…..are you able to re-produce this BUG?   Need me to shoot you a Loom to demo the problem?   There are hundreds here asking for your help.    What can we do to help you fix this BUG?

thanks 

I've been having this issue for a month.  Finally frustrated enough to search.  Still frustrated, but using double quotes and typing the whole artist name, e.g. “Taylor Swift” works.  Seems case insensitve, too.  I wish Sonos would be proactive on this.

@drittman ...I tried your double quotes work-around.   That worked.  Thanks much.    Agree, would be great if Sonos helped a bit more.

Userlevel 1

The double quotes works for me too! You have to type the full name. Great fix- thanks

The double quotes thing works for me on Spotify, too, thanks, although overall behavior is still inconsistent. For example, if I type ‘rolling’ (not including the single quotes) in the search (S1), it finds Rolling Stones content in my Music Library, in Pandora, and in Plex, but nothing from Spotify.  If I type “the rolling stones” in the search, it finds Rolling Stones content in Pandora, Plex, and Spotify, but not in my Music Library. Music Library search doesn’t seem to like the double quotes at all.

Same problem. it does not seem this will be resolved, I am going to scrap my Sonos speakers and look elsewhere

Userlevel 2

I’m having this too. Sonos 1, both PC and mobile apps faulty. Re installed and re authorised but no joy. In the UK.

Both PC and mobile apps, because the ‘work’ is done on Spotify’s servers, and the data is fed back to Sonos for display. 

I’m having the same issue on my PC, spotify search not providing any results. The search works fine in the Sonos app on my android phone, so it’s not a spotify issue. I came to this thread hoping for a fix….

Userlevel 2

The double quotes works for me too! You have to type the full name. Great fix- thanks

On a Macbook.  Double quotes around an artist name along did not work.  However, putting an artist in quotes & pressing enter key did work.

Odd tidbit...a straight search for R.E.M. worked just fine.

At least there is a work around...

Userlevel 2

I am also having this search problem … it is shocking to see how widespread this seems to be and how Sonos is unable to respond.  The Double Quotes workaround is really not practical … it requires entering the entire Artist name every time

Like a number of other long time faithful Sonos customers, this might drive me to alternative solutions

Alas I am having same problem - using Sonos and then searching thru Spotify gives nil result for artists or albums etc - Unless you can help/reach out Sonos I think time to abandon you/Sonos. Very disappointing after such an investment and supporting you over the years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Please (also) send a complaint to Spotify.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

“Yes the double quotation “” is a fix, but a temporary fix. We need a permanent fix. It’s annoying to put “_” everytime I want to search in Spotify. And believe me I’m not going to throw away my Sonos investment because of stupid Spotify.