Skip to main content
Answered

Spotify and Sonos speakers

• 1 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Why do Sonos (Sonos One, and Roam) struggle to connect and stay connected to Spotify? It has been doing this every day this week. It used to just happen every so often, but now it won’t connect at all.
Actually, it eventually connects several minutes after the attempt was made, but then it turns back off… on, off, on, off… it will do this several times before disconnecting all together. 

Sonos, great sound, bad everything else. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Likely an issue with your network. Possibly simple wifi interference , but also possibly a duplicate IP address issue, it’s hard to tell without more data.

If the information in the linked FAQ doesn’t help, I’d try unplugging/powering down all the Sonos devices, and while they’re all powered down, reboot the router. Wait a couple of minutes, then plug in/power on the Sonos. This will force the router to reload its system and the Sonos to do so as well. And, part of that is requesting new IP addresses from the renewed router DHCP table. Give then a couple of minutes (yes, again) to reboot/reload, and then test.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same for me, never happened with the old app, now happens all the time with the new app. When it happens I switch to Apple Music, and I used to never use Apple Music.  The update is 💩, everyone should get fired including the CEO.