Answered

spotify and sonos

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I play my daughter a baby sleep spotify playlist through the Sonos at night. And if I try to listen to a podcast on my phone the sonos will stop playing. I have a spotify family plan. Does anyone have a solution for this? Do I need to reach out to Spotify instead? Thanks for any help you can offer.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 7 September 2023, 16:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you playing the baby sleep playlist and podcast from the Spotify app or from the Sonos app? 

I am playing the baby sleep playlist by searching in the Sonos app for it. And I’m trying to listen to the podcast by opening the Spotify app on my phone. When I do open a podcast on Spotify on my phone, the Sonos stops playing the baby sleep playlist.

Userlevel 7

Have you added multiple Spotify accounts to the Sonos app or do you just have your own added?

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/use-multiple-accounts-for-the-same-music-service

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You cannot play more than one stream using both app. So the stream you first started stops. Best option is, as @Mr. T states, ad extra Spotify accounts to your Sonos app and choose a different account to play the playlist for your daughter.

If it is possible to play a Spotify podcast through the Sonos app you could even use the same account: I believe Spotify does not mind/notice multiple streams on Sonos.