Answered

Spotify album time out

• 19 January 2024
  • 5 replies

In the Sonos app, spotify works for Playlist and Numbers and all others….but when I select Albums (my libary) I recieve a time out failure…..spotify connection renewed, sonos app reinstalled, chatted for hours with Sonos and Spotify….no resolution…..issue occurs on Desktop (W10, Iphone, Ipad)

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 April 2024, 16:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lars van der Meulen 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

As requested by the last support agent you spoke to, please try changing your DNS server to 8.8.8.8 in your router’s settings, then reboot the router. If it doesn’t help, you can always change it back to the current setting of 192.168.1.1 (although it seems when asked, you reported that your current DNS server was 192.168.178.71, which is a local address, but on a different subnet from the rest of your network).

I hope this helps.

Hi @Lars van der Meulen 

What if I cannot change my DNS. My router is provided by an Internet/TV service provider and they tell me the DNS cannot be changed. I can’t believe there is not an easier way to sync Spotify’ Library in Sonos app, as it works perfectly fine with Spotify playlist and tunes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Satrape2 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There should be a message in the Sonos app referencing this issue - I believe it instructs you to contact Spotify? We were not aware at the time that this thread was first started.

If you don’t see this message, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lars van der Meulen & @Satrape2 

We have worked together with Spotify and now believe this issue to have been resolved. Should you still encounter this issue, please get in touch with our technical support team to report as much, though I’d recommend trying a reboot of the device running the Sonos app first.

Thank you for your patience. 

Issue is still there. Will contact techical support