Skip to main content

I am unable to adjust the volume on individual speakers when I have a number of speakers linked

I am unable to adjust the volume on individual speakers when I have a number of speakers linked

Is that a question? Or just a statement telling us your experience? 

If you tap the volume button, do you get sliders for volume control of the individual rooms? If so, do they work? 

Sorry Nic it was a question and I did have individual sliders to control room volumes but that has now disappeared. I have reset the app and also reloaded the app but still no individual control of volume. 

To see the volume controls for all speakers in the group you have to have the system screen minimised, i.e. with just the group that is playing visible at the bottom of the screen.  It doesn’t work on the Now Playing screen or if the full “Your System” screen is displayed.  Swipe down, then tap the volume slider.

I don’t know if this is a deliberate design “feature”.

Hi John.

I understand that the control for multiple speaker only works on the minimised screen as it used to work for me but now has stopped working. I thought that a new way of control was in place since the new updates are coming in to rectify the app. 

My system is fully up-to-date and I still have the individual speaker controls.  So, FWIW, this is not a generic update issue.

You might try:

1. Checking for updates
  2. Rebooting phone
  3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  Make sure you elect to connect to existing system.

Hi John.

Thanks for the advice but still not working. I have done all three suggestions to fix issue but no change.

Any more suggestions will be great

Could you post screenshots, maybe the  equivalent of mine?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YK7ZIUFELpGc6A77kNNouszGmIf3_RDD

Hi John.

Thanks for all your help but the screen shots you sent I do not get the individual speaker control. I am now looking at getting rid of the complete system and going with a different brand. I have had nothing but issues for months and just had enough. 

Thanks again 

I would have liked to have seen the equivalents of the other 2 screenshots to see if they gave any hint as to why you aren't getting the third.

But good luck finding an alternative to Sonos. In the meantime, if you have speakers that can use Sonos Voice Control then you might try using that. Saves fiddling with rhe app.

Thanks 

Hi @Ted Gib 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of this issue you’ve been having with controlling the volume of members of a group of speakers.

I’m with @John B on this, however - so I can be sure of understanding exactly what you mean, could you please post some screenshots of the issue you are having? Thanks.

Hi Corry

With John B's help it seems to be working. I downloaded and uninstalled the app four times until it worked. I now have control on the minimised controller. I am still frustrated with the new app and waiting for the next hic up. Still looking at moving to another system.

Thanks again Corry