Skip to main content
Question

Speaker Balance missing on new app

Hello.

I have downloaded the new app, but can't find where speaker balance settings.  This used to to be under the EQ settings, under setting.  There is base, treble, loud but no balance.  Do you know where it is?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

I have been missing my balance settings in EQ too after update to new app.

However, it's only missing  in EQ on my surround setup in TV room.

Another stereo pair in Dining room still has the balance setting in EQ for that room. 

There is a misconception that surround speakers had a balance slider. One did appear when the app first newly updated but did nothing. The next update removed the slider.

But it wasn’t there before. The only balance slider appears when there is a stereo pair, not for home theatre surrounds. Aside from surround level, the only controls surrounds used to have was distance which helped balance sound timings, but that has now gone. 

I respectfully disagree. 

My Beam plus 2x Play:1 had, and still has balance.

My Amp with 2x ceiling speakers HAD balance and all the stereo / mono / dual mono bells and whistles  It NOW has only bass n treble.

I can no longer re-run setup. I don't seem to be able to remove / re-add the system.

Power cycling my app doesn't help. Power cycling the Amp doesn't help. 

The updated app is next to useless despite several fixes. I now have 2'ceiling speakers I cannot adjust.

My Beam and Ones have never had a balance control ever, not in the old S2 Sonos App, or the new Sonos App and I don’t see a balance control now, nor is there a balance control on my Arc/Surrounds either.

The speaker balance for a Sonos Home Theatre setup is done at the start of TruePlay, when tuning to the room and why the first part is done stationary at the main listening/viewing position.

If you are seeing a balance control for any Sonos HT setup it might ‘perhaps’ be a bug in the new App.

I have been missing my balance settings in EQ too after update to new app.

However, it's only missing  in EQ on my surround setup in TV room.

Another stereo pair in Dining room still has the balance setting in EQ for that room. 

There is a misconception that surround speakers had a balance slider. One did appear when the app first newly updated but did nothing. The next update removed the slider.

But it wasn’t there before. The only balance slider appears when there is a stereo pair, not for home theatre surrounds. Aside from surround level, the only controls surrounds used to have was distance which helped balance sound timings, but that has now gone. 

I respectfully disagree. 

My Beam plus 2x Play:1 had, and still has balance.

My Amp with 2x ceiling speakers HAD balance and all the stereo / mono / dual mono bells and whistles  It NOW has only bass n treble.

I can no longer re-run setup. I don't seem to be able to remove / re-add the system.

Power cycling my app doesn't help. Power cycling the Amp doesn't help. 

The updated app is next to useless despite several fixes. I now have 2'ceiling speakers I cannot adjust.

My Beam and Ones have never had a balance control ever, not in the old S2 Sonos App, or the new Sonos App and I don’t see a balance control now, nor is there a balance control on my Arc/Surrounds either.

The speaker balance for a Sonos Home Theatre setup is done at the start of TruePlay, when tuning to the room and why the first part is done stationary at the main listening/viewing position.

If you are seeing a balance control for any Sonos HT setup it might ‘perhaps’ be a bug in the new App.

Again, my Beam / Play combo DO see balance, not that I use it much.

My Amp / Ceiling combo, purchased at Xmas, I knew EVERY setting, which included Balance, Stereo, mono, dual mono, and I tweaked every setting regularly. They are set up as ceiling speakers only; no HT. Since the app 'update', the balance, stereo, mono settings, that I knew inside out, no longer exist.

I am also perturbed that I am unable to re-run setup (as I once could) nor can I switch from speakers only to HT setup (as I once could).

It's the worst update ever. 

I have Beam, 2x Play. Roam, Arc, sub Mini, Amp and ceiling speakers X2.

A significant investment is currently being ruined by lost functionality and beta testing being carried out on the entire Sonos user base.

My Amp / Ceiling combo, purchased at Xmas, I knew EVERY setting, which included Balance, Stereo, mono, dual mono, and I tweaked every setting regularly. They are set up as ceiling speakers only; no HT. Since the app 'update', the balance, stereo, mono settings, that I knew inside out, no longer exist.

I am also perturbed that I am unable to re-run setup (as I once could) nor can I switch from speakers only to HT setup (as I once could).

A significant investment is currently being ruined by lost functionality and beta testing being carried out on the entire Sonos user base.

Yes indeed, if the setup is not a Home Theatre, but a ‘stereo’ pair instead, then there should be a balance control for that pair, with one exception and that’s the Era 300’s - a pair of those speakers have no balance control due to the fact the audio channel separation is catered for by the angled speakers for the left and right channels. 

If you believe you have a fault with your ‘stereo’ setup then you’re best to contact Sonos Support. The link for that is here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Yes indeed, if the setup is not a Home Theatre, but a ‘stereo’ pair instead, then there should be a balance control for that pair, with one exception and that’s the Era 300’s - a pair of those speakers have no balance control due to the fact the audio channel separation is catered for by the angled speakers for the left and right channels. 

If you believe you have a fault with your ‘stereo’ setup then you’re best to contact Sonos Support. The link for that is here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

My first post in the community, just wanted to thank you for answering my question! Pair of 300s, no balance control, now I know why and that it's intended behaviour.