Skip to main content
Answered

SoundCloud Likes missing

My SoundCloud Likes are no longer loading in the Sonos app. I get an “Unable to browse music” screen. This has been going on for several day despite me reauthorizing my SoundCloud account on the Sonos app. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rallen114 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I tested with our test Soundcloud account and had no issues. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - they’ll be able to try our test account on your system, if the cause isn’t immediately obvious.

I hope this helps.

I’m having the same problem selecting Soundcloud and I get the message ‘Unable to browse music’, Sonos 15.6 on OSX. The last few days it’s come back on once or twice but mainly can’t access Soundcloud.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I’m having the same problem selecting Soundcloud and I get the message ‘Unable to browse music’, Sonos 15.6 on OSX. The last few days it’s come back on once or twice but mainly can’t access Soundcloud.

Here’s the reason..

I am able to access Soundcloud on my phone and can play in my car.   

I am getting the popup on this site saying it is a known issue.   This is frustrating since this is the main way I use my sonos speakers.   

This is likely due to the fact that SoundCloud uses different servers for Sonos than they do for their phone and car apps, one that has the Sonos SMAPI on it. We have to wait for SoundCloud to fix their servers. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Looks like the issue has been resolved. SoundCloud is now working for me. 

I am having the same issue with the Sonos app. I subscribe to SoundCloud and used to be able to search SoundCloud through the Sonos app. I haven't been able to do this for a while now. I get a message saying "unable to browse music". How do I fix this?

I am having the same issue with the Sonos app. I subscribe to SoundCloud and used to be able to search SoundCloud through the Sonos app. I haven't been able to do this for a while now. I get a message saying "unable to browse music". How do I fix this?

It’s working okay for my account. See attached. Perhaps try reauthorising the service in the Sonos App ‘Settings/Services & Voice’.

Thanks. I've tried reauthorizing several times and also tried using searching using the Sonos app on an iPad and an android phone. Nada!

Thanks. I've tried reauthorizing several times and also tried using searching using the Sonos app on an iPad and an android phone. Nada!

Power-cycle your devices, then If removing/reinstalling the SoundCloud service doesn’t work, it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Confirming I’m still having the same issue. Tried all steps above. Called in and wasn’t able to resolve as Sonos needed to remote into my pc and the action was blocked 

Confirming I’m still having the same issue. Tried all steps above. Called in and wasn’t able to resolve as Sonos needed to remote into my pc and the action was blocked 

Sounds like you have something blocking the outside world to your network - maybe check your LAN security settings as that might be at the heart of your SoundCloud issue too.

Sounds like you have something blocking the outside world to your network - maybe check your LAN security settings as that might be at the heart of your SoundCloud issue too.

Nah, the block was specific to my computer as it was blocked by work and was only being used by the Sonos team to remote in and troubleshoot. I still cannot access “Likes” on my Sonos app via my phone and home Wi-Fi. 

Nah, the block was specific to my computer as it was blocked by work and was only being used by the Sonos team to remote in and troubleshoot. I still cannot access “Likes” on my Sonos app via my phone and home Wi-Fi. 

Dunno then 🤷‍♂️ it’s working okay here, as you can maybe see from my earlier post, so it’s probably something local to your network - maybe try a different DNS for your WAN connection, perhaps try the Google, or Cloudflare, public servers - 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1