Answered

SonosNet vs wifi

• 5 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

So my Sonos Port is plugged in my router via an ethernet cable. In my system it’s says WM:0 which means it’s on the SonosNet network. But both of my Sonos SL and my Sonos Roam are WM:1, which means they use wifi. Why aren’t they on SonosNet (WM:0) ? Both Sonos SL are approx 12 feet from the Port in the same room while the Roam is a few inches away from the Port…

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 5 January 2023, 21:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

When you wired the Port, did you Disable WiFi? That setting on the Port needs to be set to Enable WiFi to create SonosNet.

If WiFi is enabled in the Port, try switching SonosNet channel in the app to see if the One SL’s switch to WM:0. If that still doesn’t work, try rebooting the Ones.

The Roam will always connect to your router’s WiFi, it does not use SonosNet.

The Roam and the Move cannot connect to SonosNet. 

Are the One SLs a stereo pair? Surrounds? 

Have you "Disabled WiFi" on the Port? If so then you need to re-enable it.

Edit  @Mr. T beat me to it

Badge +1

Haa, thanks to you both. I actually disabled wifi on the Port on the few days ago as I thought that I would make sure the Port is using the ethernet cable and not wifi. Guess it’s the problem then.

The setting "Disable/Enable.WiFi" is badly labelled.  In fact it disables the radio on the device and so disables SonosNet not WiFi. It's ridiculous and causes no end of  confusion .