Answered

Sonos Windows App not finding Sonos system

• 6 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I recently changed the name of my Windows PC. Despite deleting and reinstalling the PC Sonos 1 software, the Sonos 1 PC controller no longer finds my Sonos system. The Sonos portable controller finds the system but cannot find the music stored on my renamed PC (even though the PC name and folder for the music source seems to be correct.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Richard

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 April 2023, 10:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GRB2023 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your Sonos Music Library not being found after changing the network name of your PC is completely expected - the network name is how your Sonos speaker finds your PC. Please remove all entries in your Music Library settings and add the music folder once more (after you’re able to connect to your Sonos system in the app - see below).

As for the app not connecting, that’s via a different connection route and not so expected after the name change. I would first make sure that Windows thinks your network is a Private one, as opposed to Public.

To change a Wi-Fi network to public or private

1. Select Start , then type settings.
  2. On the Wi-Fi settings screen, select Manage known networks, and select the network you're connected to.
  3. On the Wi-Fi network screen, under Network profile type, select Public (Recommended) or Private.

To change your network from public to private using the Ethernet Lan settings:

1. Open Settings from the Start menu.
  2. From here, select the Network & Internet settings option.
  3. Select Ethernet from the menu on the left.
  4. Click on the name of your connection.
  5. Select Private.

Please also make sure that any firewall software installed has exceptions for sonos.exe and sonoslibraryservice.exe (both found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sonos).

I hope this helps.