Skip to main content
  • For several days now I cannot play tunin radio station WFMT. In the SONOS app when I select WFMT , the station logo appears along with the Play button. When I click the Play button it changes to the little ‘please wait while I connect’ circle. After a second or two it changes back to the Play button and the station does not start playing. Click the play button again and the same thing happens - the SONOs appears to be connection but again it stops and shows the play button. All of of my other tunin stations continue to connect and play without this problem

Where are you located?  I’m in Tennessee and it plays fine here.  Was from Chicago where that station was on my car radio all the time.  Here in middle Tennessee there are no radio stations worth turning on in the car.  Unless of course your into old rock or country.

Remove Tunein new service from sonos, and add it back again. This fixed it for me after 16.3.3 update...or 90days free ran out...not sure

I was about to try your suggestion to remove/add back in but I thought I would try to connect to WFMT once again just to verify the problem still existed, and hey presto! It connected and plays just fine. I tried it again on a couple other devices and it connected every time so it appears there is no longer a problem. Thanks for the idea, though, if the problem happens again it’s the first thing I’ll try. 

I have this problem too. I magically worked again last night per KenXB’s experience, but this morning it doesn’t again.  I removed Tunein as well as unplugged my sonos and restarted them.  This morning still not working.

It’s on Sonos Radio which is generally a more reliable option anyway given that Sonos Radio does not require connecting another source nor does it require registering and additional account.

I am in Chicago and have had the same issue this week with WFMT.  It works in the evenings for me but not the rest of the day.