Answered

Sonos Update on macbook pro, Sonos update failed, please try again

• 9 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have tried everything that has been written about getting this update to work. I just received my new 2023 MacBook Pro and am attempting to use the Sonos controller on it. The OS Ventura 13.2 hasn't changed from my previous 2017 MacBook Pro. I have deleted the Sonos app, fully, and tried downloading and installing from the Sonos download area. The refuses to update or find my system. I have been in the Beta group so that my be adding to the issue. The Sonos apps work fine in iOS on iPhone 14, and 3rd Gen iPad Pro. So far, nothing seems to work on my MacBook Pro where all the music files are stored. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by buzz 9 February 2023, 07:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Unfortunately, Beta issues cannot be discussed here.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

OK. I guess I will just quit BETA

I suggest that you contact the Beta team.

And while you try communicating with the Beta group, you might try deleting your Sonos controller from your Mac completely, and the install a new version of the controller from the appropriate Sonos area. I assume that there is a place where beta users have access, the key thing is to not download from some random website, only from Sonos. 

Just be sure, when you reinstall, you choose ‘join existing system’ or whatever words are close to that. You don’t want to set up a new system. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you all for comments. I resigned from the BETA testing group, deleted all SONOS Controllers on my 2023 MacBook Pro. I then could reinstall to newest controller with ease. Too bad I could not remain in the BETA testing group but I needed to solve this issue.

Badge

How do I get rid of everything beta testing?

Please send me info where I can find the direcrtions to do that soI can finally complete my sonos update.,

How do I get rid of everything beta testing?

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/sonos-beta-programs#:~:text=provide%20your%20feedback.-,Leave%20the%20Beta%20Community,-Leave%20a%20Beta