Answered

Sonos Update on macbook pro Error message

• 4 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

On my MacBook Pro it is saying there is a Sonos update available. When I do it I get an error message.   

An Unexpected error occurred. Please try again.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 November 2022, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Delete your current version of the Mac app. Go to Sonos.com and download and install a fresh version.

They’re currently investigating why the Mac app is unable to self update. It’s been a few weeks at this point, I don’t remember which version the issue was included in.

Oh, and when prompted, just make sure to “join existing system” rather than setting up a new system.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Oh, and when prompted, just make sure to “join existing system” rather than setting up a new system.

Ok thank you for that. Really appreciate it.

It’s from unfortunate experience, I’d have to admit :) Long ago, but still, I made the error. Fortunately, I sometimes learn from my mistakes!

I am having the same problem.  If I delete the current Mac version of the app, won’t I lose my entire Sonos music library on this computer?  Thanks, th

No. All of that information is stored on the speaker, and not in the controller. 

That works. Thank you!