Sonos update and Sirius channels not playing

After the recent Sonos update, Sirius channels will not play through the speaker.

Please advise of the fix for the Sirius channels not playing through the Sonos speaker after one proceeds with the most recent Sonos update.  Thanks.

Moderator edit: combined posts

32 replies

This is what I get…if I try 30 times then it will magically work. None of the troubleshooting recommendations work. There is a weird handshake issue. I’ve tried on several different devises. Sad and regretting going with Sonos at this point as Sirius is our primary service and we literally can’t use it. 

And now it’s working…I don’t nothing different just kept trying over and over again.  This is a handshake issue that is 100% on Sonos as they need to manage the third party  

Userlevel 1

And now it’s working…I don’t nothing different just kept trying over and over again.  This is a handshake issue that is 100% on Sonos as they need to manage the third party  

If there is an actual flaw in workflow then it would be broken entirely -- i.e. if Sonos was not calling SXM endpoints correctly or something, it would be down entirely because the Sonos app is likely hardcoded to enroll into SXM a certain way. If SXM’s API/integration servers are down, “Sonos will fail”, but it’s not a flaw within the Sonos ecosystem. So trying over and over is just trying what Sonos is coded to do, and if it magically works (which, yay mine is too), then it would put emphasis on the external provider having issues, in this case SXM. 

That, or someone made a change somewhere without thinking of the impact and they rolled it back! :)

Badge +1

SAME

Since the update.  I have rebooted the router, unplugged all the speakers.  

I have deleted the app - I do the reauthorizing.

I have this issue on the computer and the iphone. Everything is updated.

My husband also has the issue on his own computer.  His phone isnt updated so the sonos app doesnt work at all.

It seems like since Sirius did their update recently AND Sonos did as well the two arent syncing up and connecting.

On occasion I can get to the favorites or ill see live channels on the phone, but on-demand is missing and usually i get the “unable to browse music” 

I’ve tried all of the suggestions.

It seems like many people are having this issue . . . we are on the Sonos site . . . are any of their technical people reading this?  I spent a lot of time on the phone with a rep doing various things including turning my phone off with reassurance he’d call me back. Well, that didn’t happen and it still doesn’t work.  My cynical self wonders if they’re just trying to force us to pay more for Sonos radio.

No, this is a community support site, not a site to communicate directly with Sonos Support. I would imagine/hope that the forum moderators present a periodic précis to the technical folks. But having tech folks directly here would be a bad idea, in my experience. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I pulled iOS console logs

11:02:50.633393-0800	Sonos	soap(1): getDeviceAuthToken faultcode: ns0:Client.NOT_LINKED_FAILURE, faultstring: Stop trying link code

11:02:50.634809-0800 Sonos dns(1): sonos-everest.mountain.siriusxm.com -> 45.60.32.80

11:02:50.635767-0800 Sonos control_client(1): [-,xOmittedx] getDeviceAuthToken failed, res = 8006 status = 0, httpRes = 500, tvStart = 1701543767 s 878573 us, m_tvConnectDone = 1701543772 s 878573 us, m_tvDone = 1701543777 s 878573 us, tvNow = 1701543770 s 634286 us

11:02:50.636503-0800 Sonos soap(1): - param householdId = Sonos_xOmittedx

11:02:50.637176-0800 Sonos soap(1): - param linkCode = xOmittedx

11:02:50.638561-0800 Sonos Wizard(1): Wizard transitioning to State: STATE_MUSICSERVICE_RESULT ID: 14 in Wizard: MusicServiceWizard

How did you get these logs from iOS??

(FYI docs for the failing call are here: https://docs.sonos.com/docs/getdeviceauthtoken )