Answered

SONOS unable to find my computer

• 25 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I have had this problem before, but was able to fix it through instructions regarding my firewall.  Now, my firewall is set to allow SONOS, and I suddenly have this situation again.  Very frustrating.  I removed my music folder from SONOS and tried to reinstall it.  Message says “Unable to locate the computer TOM.”  TOM is me.  That was the name of the music folder yesterday.  WebRoot did a scan of my computer last night.  Is that just coincidence?  What do I need to do to get my music back?

icon

Best answer by Tclarke 26 December 2020, 16:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tclarke.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

This error can occur when Sonos is unable to find the computer or device hosting your music library, the attached article will provide some common steps you can take to resolve this error.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app on the computer and provide us with the confirmation number, so I can see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you for your response, but none of the instructions have worked.  The message indicates “The computer TOM cannot be found.”

I have submitted diagnostics, and my verification number is 1713749715.

Thanks

UPDATE!  My Music is back!  Please disregard messages, and please don’t enter my system or change anything.  Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tclarke.

Thanks for your response and update.

We highly appreciate your time and effort in working through this, it’s so nice to hear that you were able to sort this out and get your music back.

I will mark this thread now as ‘resolved’ and rest assured that your system’s security is our top priority.

I hope you won’t mind sharing with us what you did to resolve it so it can help those members that might encounter the same issue and those who are searching for an answer here in the community. 

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Cheers!

SONOS appeared numerous times in my apps allowed through firewall.  I deleted many of the duplicates, and re-started my computer.  Thanks again.