Sonos to Verizon

• 21 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I cannot get my Sonos Amp to connect to my new wifi with Verizon. It’s the new Verizon home internet gateway and has super good speed but Sonos will not connect and I am getting really annoyed. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You’ve read the the Sonos Network Requirements FAQ, correct? And noted the line about unsupported network setups:

• Wireless internet connections such as satellite, mobile hotspots, or LTE routers

What frequency / channel is the Verizon broadcasting on? What format (b/g/n/ac or other)? Have you attempted connecting the Sonos Amp (temporarily) to the router with an ethernet cable? Is the Wifi turned on on the Amp? Have you tried to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I am not sure honestly. I read that 2.4ghz is the correct band so I turned off the 5ghz option and the optimizer but I don’t have enough know how to go much more beyond that. 

2.4Ghz is easier, certainly. But it’s also important to know the other half of that equation, which is what kind of format there is. Ideally, you want b or g or n….or all three is fine (which is why I listed b/g/n) 

But honestly, I’d start by temporarily connecting the ethernet cable to ensure that the router provided by Verizon is passing any data. One step at a time.