Skip to main content

sonos system not found after app upgrade

• 11 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I upgraded to the latest version of the Sonos app yesterday and now it no longer recognises my system and won’t add any of my speakers either! Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this? Is there somewhere I can download the older version of the app?  Thanks in anticipation!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I upgraded last night and it was easy. The app asked for network, Bluetooth and location access. I allowed the first two, but denied location access.Why does Sonos need your location anyway?

It then asked me if I wanted to setup a new system or join an existing system. I selected join an existing system. It showed me a list of speakers on my old S1 system as well as the speakers on my S2 system. I selected the S2 system and it found everything. Granted, I do have 5 of my 11 speakers hardwired to my network. So that may have helped me with a seamless update.

After V80, I had all kinds of problems connecting to existing system.  Eventually, it found the system and connected.  I realize this isn’t a very tangible answer.

Something I've noticed with V80 is there seem to be a lot of timing problems.  When I launch app, it can’t find the system. Then finds it in a couple of minutes. When a track changes to the next song, the app shows the old album cover and title for a couple of minutes, then advances.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Try turning off the boost if you have one.