Answered

Sonos System can‘t be found by new app

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi and PLEASE HELP

Since I updated my Sonos app I‘m not able to connect to my Sonos System.

My wife is still using the version before May 8th and everything runs perfect if I use her iPhone.

so…. My network (WiFi) and all my Sonos Speaker are working. For 100% it is because of the app update.

Is there anyone who can help or @SonosSupport… do you plan to push an update within the next days?

icon

Best answer by DaandeWildt 11 May 2024, 19:59

View original

104 replies

The current ‘schedule’ according to this post:

• Screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21
  • Adding and editing alarms: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June 
  • Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June

Hi and PLEASE HELP

My wife is still using the version before May 8th and everything runs perfect if I use her iPhone.

so…. My network (WiFi) and all my Sonos Speaker are working. For 100% it is because of the app update.

Is there anyone who can help or @SonosSupport… do you plan to push an update within the next days?

If you for example, need to update the wifi settings on your wifi speaker, you will need to wait till mid June. It’s a feature, not a bug. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi and PLEASE HELP

If you for example, need to update the wifi settings on your wifi speaker, you will need to wait till mid June. It’s a feature, not a bug. 

hmmmmm. Sorry, but how can this not be a bug??? 
I‘m updating an app and afterwards my system is lost in space… afterwards I use the not updated version of the app and everything is running perfect. 

I just checked with the app version before May 8th if there are any updates available…. Of course NOT

Userlevel 5
Badge

The current ‘schedule’ according to this post:

• Screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21
  • Adding and editing alarms: May 21
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June 
  • Update Wi-Fi settings: mid-June

unbelievable…. But most important… I paid thousands of $ for my system… why should I have a right of using it!?

Userlevel 2

I have the same issue: updating the Sonos App today on my iPhone did not recognize the system anymore. The Sonos S2 App on my iPad still recognizes my Sonos system. Sonos support help!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hope they will…. FAST

Userlevel 1

Same issue. Tried setting up as new, but the system freezes. This product is unusable at this point.

I cannot get any of my S2 speakers to connect. One will play without a noted connected on the last station that was played. This is really frustrating.  Totally unacceptable.  Are S2 too old? What the heck? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

I cannot get any of my S2 speakers to connect. One will play without a noted connected on the last station that was played. This is really frustrating.  Totally unacceptable.  Are S2 too old? What the heck? 

Same here S2 … 

Samme issue .. updating my Sonos apps.

Im not able to Connect to my Sonos system..

HELP !!!

I have similar issues. Since I updated the app I sometime can find it but often not.

If I find it, most times I cannot play anything…

When I succeed to start some music in one room, which is not often, I cannot add more rooms and this is one of the biggest reason why I have this system. 

play:1, One SL, Roam, Soundbar, Arc and Sub

Badge

I am having somewhat similar issues. Quite often when I open the app it will not my system initially. Then I completely quit the app and reload it, it will show up.

This update seems like a alpha/ beta release. You guys probably could have waited a month or two to actually have it fully functional.

Same situation here. Im not able to Connect to my Sonos system after updating the app

Hi and PLEASE HELP

Im in the same boat. APP updated overnight and now we can't use or listen via a super expensive speakers. Is there a resolution yet?

Userlevel 1

I just spent an hour on a chat with someone from Sonos for the same thing and he was very condescending and telling me that I wasn’t closing the app to be able to re-sign in as the owner. Now I have a case number and I have to call a technician. They better fix this * gonna throw the system right at them .. I regret getting the Sonos system

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 1

Have used Sonos since 2007, it has been great, and I have upgraed my system over the years without issue, BUT the new update which I stupidly accepted is totally useless, thankfully my Wife still has the old app on the iphone. Sonos should simply re issue the S2 (previous version) app and take the lastest version away & either ditch it, or make it work properly before releasing it again. 

Shame on them!

Userlevel 5
Badge

I just spent an hour on a chat with someone from Sonos for the same thing and he was very condescending and telling me that I wasn’t closing the app to be able to re-sign in as the owner. Now I have a case number and I have to call a technician. They better fix this * gonna throw the system right at them .. I regret getting the Sonos system

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Amazing… instead of taking care of the Code of Conduct you could provide solutions for all the angry customers who paid Billions of $ for this „high class“ product 

Same issue here on my iPhone 14 Pro.  It able to connect but in my other house, where I did the update, I had no problem to connect. Once back home impossible! It keep telling me to give access to my local network, which I did all the time, 

Same issue here from Samsung Galaxy S10. All worked fine until I updated to the new app. Now can only connect if I go through a process if turning WiFi off on my phone, closing the Sonos app, turn WiFi back on and reopen the app. Never had to do that before!

Hello @sonos, do you not bother to test your updates before making available to your customers? 

Userlevel 1

Sorry to say: After using and enjoying Sonos over years I can‘t see any progress in the updated Apps. Sonos was a good (the best) system on the market with a very helpful and easy to use App years ago. Then update after update, the new Apps were not compatible with older speaker. The newest update can‘t even find the system .. I‘m really disappointed!!

Same issue with update today 🤬

after updating the App everything went wrong.

Boost unable to register to the account.

Restored all the devices to factory setup. Now, I’ve lost all the devices from the app. I can’t find anything anymore...a total mess...

Userlevel 1

There is evidence in this chat being moderated the issue is being “heard”. However, the absence of a clear response from Sonos is concerning. 

My Boost, Play Base, One (pair as surrounds), and Three all work: Spotify app playback, home theatre system connected to the TV. 

The new app does not work, does not recognise or find the current system. When I attempt to roll back to Sonos S1 app compatible with these devices) the app forces me to S2, the new app that cannot find my devices. 

An update to the app late June is not acceptable. Information from Sonos will be appreciated. 

Same issue.

If I start the process of new system configuration, turn on bluetooth and exit the configuration, my system is available again. But this needs to be done over and over.

This issue has hit me today. My Beam System not found, even after unplugging it. 
I’m reluctant to reset as I’d lose all my settings and it seems it may not work still.

How dreadful Sonos release an “upgrade” which then fails so absolutely, to the extent the system is totally unusable.