Skip to main content
Question

sonos surround balance does nothing

• 22 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

Does anyone else have the impression that under the new app balance settings don't really do much?

I don't sit directly center of my two surround speakers. So in the old app you could tell Sonos under Settings/Surround that one is closer than the other.

That seems to have gone now, replaced by balance under Settings/equalizer. But I pull that slider this way and that but the speaker closer to me is always the one I hear most.

Is this confirmation bias because I don't really like the new app or does anyone else have the same problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Same here. Even worse, if you adjusted the speaker distance before the update, the new app locks you out of centering your surround again.

Same here. Even worse, if you adjusted the speaker distance before the update, the new app locks you out of centering your surround again.

Yeah I think the new version shouldn't have been published yet.

I went to apkmirror.com and installed the v16.1 APK

Be sure to deactivate auto update in the play store if you want to do the same :)

Userlevel 1

Same for me, originally the slider would  not do anything. I reset everything and now the balance slider in the EQ has gone completely.

i chatted on line with customer services who could not resolve the issue.  They ended up saying it was an issue they are aware of and it will be rectified in an app update.

Time will tell, but still waiting !