Skip to main content
Answered

sonos starts really loud every time and i have to rush to turn it down

• 3 March 2023
  • 9 replies

I don’t know what to do. I’m gonna have put a limiter on all the volumes and just have it really turned up just to hear it. I have no idea where it is getting this default really high volume from as I never turn it up that loud :s

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Does this affect all of your Sonos speakers? Has it always done this or is this a recent thing? Which speaker model(s) do you have? Have you tried unplugging the affected speakers from power for a couple of minutes?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

It’s pretty much always done it. Particularly with airplay. It will even unmute previously muted speakers and blast out of them which can be the real problem as my wife will be working and on meetings in that room. I am on the old sonos app as have legacy sonos 1,3 and 5 as well as newer sonos one for the airplay

Userlevel 7

What is the volume level on the iOS device set to when you AirPlay to the One?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I’ll check and get back to you. Thanks for your replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Just tried it with the iOS on various volume levels and it didn’t play really loud so wasn’t able to recreate today. Volume of iOS didn’t seem to matter 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @withnail69 

Thanks for your post!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - the source of all volume commands will be recorded.

I hope this helps.

Im

having the same issue.  Started about a month ago and I can’t figure out why it is happening.  Any luck with a resolution on your end?

Same here, since a while when starting radio the volume is way too loud and have to run to the buttons to turn it down.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Same here, since a while when starting radio the volume is way too loud and have to run to the buttons to turn it down.

What did tech support say when you contacted them?