Answered

Sonos speakers not showing in Spotify app

• 27 February 2023
  • 54 replies

Show first post

54 replies

I found the issue in a galaxy s23. But something similar applies for other android devices. You should change in the settings of the wireless network to use the real Mac address of your device on that network. (Settings=>Wifi settings=> WiFi config => you must change Mac random to use Mac of the device.) just change on that network.

Thank you! I recently upgraded my S21 ultra to an S24 ultra and could not figure out this issue. This solved it for me

What wifi router do you have? Sounds like its a mesh system that doesn’t correctly handle random MAC addresses when your phone switches between mesh points (or frequencies).

Not the case for me. At least in my personal apartment that wasn't the case. I'm running a single Verizon FiOS router to cover a 700 square ft apartment. My S21 ultra was opened side by side with my S24 ultra and the S21 could see it while the S24 couldn't.

My router does broadcast 2.4, 5, and 6ghz(though 6 is turned off) but I've never had any issues before with any other device. 

Changing the MAC address didn't work for me either. I almost can't believe it to be a router issue as well because it never happens on the Samsung Galaxy S21 of my gf, using the exact same network and speakers. So it has to be an issue on newer Samsung / Android phones but not sure if the issue sits with Samsung, Android, Sonos or Spotify.... It would be great to find a proper fix for this because rebooting my phone every time I lose my speakers is getting annoying... 

Anyone find a permanent solution to this yet? 

I found the issue in a galaxy s23. But something similar applies for other android devices. You should change in the settings of the wireless network to use the real Mac address of your device on that network. (Settings=>Wifi settings=> WiFi config => you must change Mac random to use Mac of the device.) just change on that network.

Thank you! I recently upgraded my S21 ultra to an S24 ultra and could not figure out this issue. This solved it for me

What wifi router do you have? Sounds like its a mesh system that doesn’t correctly handle random MAC addresses when your phone switches between mesh points (or frequencies).

Not the case for me. At least in my personal apartment that wasn't the case. I'm running a single Verizon FiOS router to cover a 700 square ft apartment. My S21 ultra was opened side by side with my S24 ultra and the S21 could see it while the S24 couldn't.

My router does broadcast 2.4, 5, and 6ghz(though 6 is turned off) but I've never had any issues before with any other device. 

Anyone come up w a permanent solution for this issue yet? Changing my new Samsung Galaxy s24's  Mac adres from dynamic to static only worked for a short while, but the issue is back once again. Definitely something to do w the new phone, as I never had issues before on a Samsung Galaxy 20 or 22 @Sonos any ideas or help here people, your help would be greatly appreciated by a bunch of us here

Anyone find a permanent solution to this yet? 

Anyone come up w a permanent solution for this issue yet? Changing my new Samsung Galaxy s24's  Mac adres from dynamic to static only worked for a short while, but the issue is back once again. Definitely something to do w the new phone, as I never had issues before on a Samsung Galaxy 20 or 22 @Sonos any ideas or help here people, your help would be greatly appreciated by a bunch of us here

Sadly still have issues. I have to switch Mac addresses occasionally to fix. It's not just in my personal network either.