Sonos skips every 2nd song

Never a quiet day with sonos.

Now, my system of 12 speakers skips every 2nd song after playing it for 5-6 seconds.

Any idea what should I do ?

Corry P 8 months ago

Hi @ionut et al

We believe this issue to now be resolved with the most recent update (15.7). Please ensure your Sonos system is up to date.

If you still experience this issue, however, I’d encourage you get in touch with our technical support team to report as much. Thank you.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Maybe try a different non-overlapping ‘fixed’ wireless channel 1, 6 or 11 with a channel-width of 20Mhz only after rebooting the router, or if not using already, try running the setup on a SonosNet signal instead, using a different channel to the ‘fixed’ router channel suggested above.

See these support links to assist with the above suggestion:

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Never a quiet day with sonos.

Now, my system of 12 speakers skips every 2nd song after playing it for 5-6 seconds.

Any idea what should I do ?

Is is Spotify source and do you have Crossfade on?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have had this for about two weeks and finally thought of a solution (which works so far!).

I have disabled ‘Shuffle’. This is now back on and things still work 😊

Oh, before I forget; this was also a problem for the alarms playing my Spotify playlists (and not a problem while playing from Spotify directly); I have disabled ‘Shuffle’ because it was every second song, and turned it back on afterwards. So far things work great again.

Userlevel 1

I am dealing with the same thing and I’ve experience it on multiple apps when playing Spotify playlists. I do not have shuffle on, but when I have the crossfade on, it skips to the next song after about 5 to 6 seconds. I’m not sure if there is a pattern as to when it does it, but it does it often. So annoying. 

Same issue with my system at home, the one at work and my brothers system at home, going on for the past two weeks.

It seems to be a Spotify issue and I’ll try to turn off shuffle and crossfade to see if this resolves the problem.

Userlevel 1

I feel it’s definitely the crossfade. I don’t have the problem on shuffle when the crossfade is off. 

I feel it’s definitely the crossfade. I don’t have the problem on shuffle when the crossfade is off. 

Great! I haven’t had any problems today with both shuffle and crossover turned off. I’ll try to turn on only shuffle again tomorrow to see if it works. I value shuffle more than crossfade but I hope they solve the issue soon. 

This is so frustrating, we are a Barre studio and rely on crossfade! It definitely seems to be a crossfade issue. When turned off it no longer skips.

any ideas of how we can stop this from happening. As mentioned about it’s just a few seconds into the track.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I can't recall an issue with a fair few separate threads and Diagnostics that Sonos have chosen not to comment on.  Strange.

Edit: apologies, they have now.

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-and-music-services-229131/songs-skipping-again-6881547?postid=16653269#post16653269

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am experiencing the same problem again. It seems to indeed be the crossfade because the one playlist causing problems now is using crossfade. If I turn this off the problem is solved.

Argh… this is not okay. It started doing this a few weeks ago. I thought I solved it with the two ‘wake-up alarm playlists’ but I am sorry to have posted I solved it; I did not.

Userlevel 1

Crossfade problem still exists. Would be great for Sonos to provide a fix and maybe even acknowledge the problem exists. If anyone has proof that they have on another thread, please post here. 

Userlevel 1

Still a problem. Sonos are you listening??

Userlevel 1

Still no solution??

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ionut et al

We believe this issue to now be resolved with the most recent update (15.7). Please ensure your Sonos system is up to date.

If you still experience this issue, however, I’d encourage you get in touch with our technical support team to report as much. Thank you.